Timeline of My Day…
This one varies day to day but here’s the jist of it.
- 6:00am – Wake my teenage boys up… (Whereas they are 12, 15, 16, & 17 and should know how to wake themselves up for school but they will just keep sleeping if I don’t.)
- 7:30am – Trying to get out of the door on time without someone having to run back in the house for something.
- 8:00am – On my way back home
- 8:15-9:30am – Trying to have me time with either writing, editing, or outlining, but mostly spent on social media browsing.
- 9:30am-3:00pm – Homeschooling my 1st grader
- 3:45pm – my 12 year old gets home and I start him on his homework and figure out dinner if I haven’t already started something in the crockpot.
- 5:30-6pm – picking the other boys up from football practice.
- 6-6:30pm – Taking the 17 year old to work
- 8-9pm – If I’m lucky we might be eating dinner and getting chores done.
- 10pm – Everyone is whining down. If hubby is not doing homework we may watch TV and chill. If he is, I may be crocheting, browsing social media, or hopefully getting some more writing in until I’m drifting off to sleep about ready to knock my chromebook to the floor. LOL
- 10:30pm – Picking my son up from work (Or hubby is coming home from work and picking him up on the way.)
That’s in the nice world in my head… but it more or less continues on after 10pm.
- 11:00pm – I’m going back into the boys room for the umptheenth time yelling at them to get their chores done! I’m get a bunch of “Okaaaaaaay!” “I’m about tooooooo!”
- 11:30pm – I’m at it again yelling and screaming… “Nooooooowwww!” Then when no one moves as fast as I want them too… I turn off the wifi and the house goes completely quiet… I hear… “Honey, what happened to the internet?” (That was hubby because he was doing school work after coming home from work.) Then I hear a bunch of “What the????” “Mom! Why????” “C’mon guys! Get your work done!” Then I hear a bunch of pitter patters and running and dishes clanging, and vacuums roaring.
- “11:45pm – They all rush to me and say, “We’re done can you turn the wifi back on now?” Daddy yells, “Get your butts in bed! You don’t need wifi to sleep!” HAHAHA!
- 12:30am – I’m in bed drifting off (AGAIN) my 1st grader wakes me up… “Mommy wake up! You can’t sleep because I can’t sleep because you need to read me my scripture (Psalms 91) and help me say my prayer (Matt. 6). So as sleepy as I am… I wake up, read her scripture and prayer. Then she says, it’s story time. I’m like really! Yes. You’re right… time to read a story. So I read her a story until she falls asleep.
- 1:30am – I am now fully awake on my second wind… and I try to do more editing, writing, or social media browsing… LOL (Or Now my blog!)
- 3:30am – I fall asleep again.
- 3:45am – Hubby gets in bed and I get up to go to the bathroom… Guess what? I’m wide awake again. I check everyone and they’re all sleeping like babies.
- 4:00-5:30am – I’m browsing or reading scriptures and posting something or sending something to my two grown kids to read and ponder on for when they wake up.
- 6:00am – my alarm goes off and I go and wake the kids up and lay down because now I’m sleepy!
- 6:10am – I wake them up again because they aren’t moving!
- 6:15am – For some reason I’m knocked out!!! Sleeping like a baby!
- 7:30am – They wake me up… “Mom! We’re ready!” But I’m not!! UGH!!!!
I know you guys don’t even have a crazy house as nearly as bad as mine! And I know, the reason why they won’t get up in the morning is because they stay up so late. LOL
But yeah, that’s my timeline! Somebody pray for me! LOL